
He bit through his tongue, too. His tongue swelled to twice its normal size, so he wouldn't really talk. But when he did, it sounded like he had a huge gumball in his mouth and I could hardly understand him.

He was a trooper. The doctor said his wound was deep enough that they needed to do something, but not deep enough for stitches. Thank heavens for no needles, and Dermabond. I wonder if super glue would work the same- just thinking for future incidents. He liked the graham crackers and blue Gatorade at the hospital. Why is it that the only snack choices at a hospital are oreos or graham crackers? And no juice, but every kind of soda under the sun. Super healthy :). And get this- the person who was telling us how to take care of the wound and giving us the discharge papers said "make sure he takes it easy for a few days, no climbing, running, bikes, etc. so that he doesn't re-open the wound". I just kind of looked at him like seriously, are you kidding me, how do you think we got here in the first place?! I can tell him to take it easy all I want, but he will still find a way to find something to jump off or climb.
Things I learned from our ER adventure:
* Always carry my cell phone with me at all times.
* Have my purse packed at all times with emergency survival items- gum, granola bars, water, first aid kit, wipes, antibacterial gel, chap stick, PHONE.
* Avoid ER at all costs, it is not a pleasant place sitting there with all of those very sick people for hours.
* Kids are resilient, he is doing much better already.
Thank you to a good neighbor who came over to our house to be with the other sleeping kids late at night so that Cory could come back to the hospital and pick us up.



2 comments:
Crazy!!!! Glad he's okay.
Just think how tough we are going to be after raising 3 boys! I'm glad Tyson is okay! FYI - super glue can work the same as dermabond. Maybe we should just carry the super glue in our purses, too! :)
Post a Comment