Then there was Christmas. We stayed home this year, which was awesome! For the first time EVER in my life, I stayed home the whole day on Christmas day. No rushing around from here to there, just a day with the family to play and be together with zero other distractions. That just doesn't happen very often, or ever, so it was pretty special to me.
Scott and Jamie and their family and Roger and Colleen came down after Christmas and for New Years. We took them on a little hike by the Hoover dam that is an old train track bed. It goes through these massive tunnels. I think it would be a great place to ride bikes.
Cory played on a soccer league for a few months. His games were so much fun to watch! So different than the pee-wee soccer that I have been used to watching the last couple of years. He played with some guys from the ward. Some games were early enough that we could all go. I didn't get a picture of Cory, but here are my cute boys with their treats on the sidelines watching dad.
This was just a FUN moment :)
Shellie and her family came down in January too. We took them to Hoover dam. Thanks for coming to visit Shell! ( I swear I rotated this picture before I uploaded it! arggggh!)
And then I had a birthday, and Allie and Ryan came and my mom and Ruben came too. It was a GREAT week! I was so happy to get to see Allie so much. Thanks for coming everyone!
We went to a Mediterranean restaurant for my birthday. That is my new favorite food! So good.
And then in February, Shellie and I got away on a girls trip. We went skiing at Brianhead and reminisced about our college days at SUU and working at Brianhead. It was so much fun. I was able to go back and remember who I was before I got married and had kids. I love to ski! I listened to the music that I love, I ate and slept when I was hungry and tired- no need for a schedule! Don't get me wrong, I would not trade my life now for anything, but after thinking about what other people need first for the last 10 years, it was kind of nice to only have to think about me for a couple of days. After skiing, we went to a fabulous dinner at a restaurant in the lodge, and then we had a massage in the spa! It was so awesome. The next day, we went shopping and we went to lunch and we went to a movie, Valentines Day- I thought it was a GREAT movie. Just the kind I like to see, where everyone ends up happy and in love in the end, and no tears! Anyway, thanks Shell for making all of the arrangements! And thank you to Cory who took good care of my boys. We will definitely have to make this an annual event! Every mom should have a getaway weekend once and awhile. I was hoping to come back more appreciated, but what actually happened is that I came back appreciating my kids and my husband more. I have a really good life, all because of them.



1 comment:
Hey... what happened to being back??? I want pictures!!! Love you.. miss you. :)
Post a Comment